UnFreeZe Spring 2024 Tournament

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
^Walnut*
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: -=ASS=-^WALNUT

Re: UnFreeZe Spring 2024 Tournament

Post by ^Walnut* »

For the match we choose Reqdm5, nodm9a and Bal3dm3. And we block 6++
*-=Masin rulezzz=-*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

exciting, noted now. let me know then as well what you do not want to play from q3dm7, overkill, q3dm8 as the tie-breakers and additionally go thinking about a date to face ilm next week, initially the next Thursday 25 night, either for the third week fight or in case you win this Sunday for the first leg of the final already.
^Walnut*
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: -=ASS=-^WALNUT

Post by ^Walnut* »

We block Overkill
*-=Masin rulezzz=-*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

fantastic, then now all that is left to leave this set within the next few days is for dt to block one from your picks (reqdm5, nodm9a, bal3dm3) and to pick between q3dm7 or q3dm8 for the tie-breaker along with fpsclasico.eu:27968 or fpsclassico.com:27970 for the fight server. as said, additionally waiting input as well for the next week schedule for your fight against ilm initially planned for the next Thursday 25 21:15 CEST (the format will be determined once this Sunday outcome is known).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as for the next week fight ilm just confirmed this morning the next Thursday date so now just waiting to hear from ass if that works for them or if not what other date the next does to leave this scheduled within the next days. additionally I think that both of you can already go thinking about what three maps you want to pick for this regardless of the ultimate schedule as the only difference can be order and/or if there's tie-breaker the rest of the procedure should be the same.

finally dt do not forget to complete the Sunday card as requested in the previous message no later than tomorrow night.
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

block nodm9a, q3dm7 for tie, server fpsclassico.com:27970
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

excinting news, then all it's done with the Sunday second week fight. PM for that sent now to both you and walnut and here it's as well for reference the public card:
  • stage: UnFreeZe Spring 2024 Tournament, Group Phase - Week 2
  • date: Sunday 21 of April of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
  • matchup: Double Trouble VS ASS Clan
    • Double Trouble: Bl4h, Edversion, Maczus, Redrum, Rozp!erdol, Sakis, Tubylec, $oze
    • ASS Clan: Infin!ty, Ricky, angel, walnut, rico, cliff, oab, denzoa
  • server: fpsclassico.com:27970 or fpsclasico.de:27970
  • gtv: fpsclassico.com:27971
  • picks:
    1. dt: hub3tourney1, 6++ (-), goldleaf
    2. ass: reqdm5, nodm9a (-), bal3dm3
    3. tie: q3dm7, overkill (b-), q3dm8 (a-)
  • maps: hub3tourney1, reqdm5, goldleaf, bal3dm3, q3dm7
  • format: competitive 5vs5 best of five UnFreeZe rulesets, no mid game changes/spectators allowed
have fun and good luck, see you the Sunday night in-game.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, the third place of the tournament has finally been decided this night in favor of Double Trouble. no surprises as expected ass did not fail to deliver and advanced this night along ilm to the grand final that will be disputed these weeks in a legged format. that said, big shout out to double trouble that despite the absence of other contenders but all the same takes a more than worthy third place in the tournament anyways in the collective aspect and also in the individual side big shout out too to blah that goes down after making a great impression and being his team leader and carrier. all in all a big improvement for double trouble that despite still haven't won any games yet in their two appearances they kept nevertheless this night fight kinda competitive with various back and forth moments and exciting plays on top of collecting their second fpsclassico sportsmanship award in a row having honored the competition in full and haven't incurring in any offences so far. well played and thank you for participate guys, GGs.

ok, then that leads to ilm-ass as the first leg match up of the grand final for this edition. initially one of the best community games available between two long time rivals. stats and results tell that ilm takes the a side and advances as 51:49 which just tells how close this really is and that everything is still open and can happen. for the rest today it was finally confirmed the Thursday night for this as initially planed and already received picks from both a block from ass therefore now just waiting for ilm to block one from ass picks (teddm1, storm3tourney1, pro-q3tourney7) and to chose the server (i.e. fpsclasico.eu:27968 or fpsclassico.com:27970) within the next days to leave this all set. finally remember that this a two legged final played at two four "rounds" (meaning maps) encounters each with no tie-breakers (in case of 4:4 tie the tie is broken by the usual fight scorecards, rounds, score, kills etc etc) so after this the next week there will be a second still to determine obviously so stay tuned. also noticed that all the picks within the final including both legs must be different, therefore those maps that has already been picked can not be picked again in the second leg. as usual in case of any question or anything just let me know and don't hesitate to reach me.

and I think that should all by now, stats results all completed and reviewed already and videos being produced so if anything I'll just drop it here. have fun.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok it just happened we finally have a card for the first leg of the grand final between ILM and ASS this Thursday night as follows:
  • stage: UnFreeZe Spring 2024 Tournament, Grand Final - First Leg
  • date: Thursday 25 of April of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
  • matchup: ILM Clan VS ASS Clan
    • ILM Clan: Blaze, Vortex, ironmonkey, Fus1on, orgi, Mike, Makaveli
    • ASS Clan: Infin!ty, Ricky, ang3lfish, Walnut, RiCo, Cliff, oab, Denzoa
  • server: fpsclasico.eu:27968 or fpsclasico.de:27968
  • gtv: fpsclasico.eu:27969
  • picks:
    • ilm: nodm9a (-), pro-q3tourney2, bal3dm3
    • ass: teddm1, storm3tourney1, pro-q3tourney7 (-)
  • maps: pro-q3tourney2, teddm1, bal3dm3, storm3tourney1
  • format: four competitive 5vs5 best of five UnFreeZe games, no mid game changes/spectators allowed
so I guess that should be it for the first leg then. for the second leg, remember that the same will be played only with ASS as "a" side instead of ILM so stay tuned for that. that's initially planned for the next Thursday 2 of May of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) then as usual now I need both ass/ilm to either confirm such date or come back with another one to leave that schedule within this week. remember that the maps that already been picked in the first leg are not eligible to be picked for the second so to make it clear this is the list of the remaining map pool for the second leg:
  • hub3tourney1, 6++/pro-q3dm6/bloodcovenant, q3dm7/7++, overkill, reqdm5, q3dm8, q3dm14, phantq3dm1_rev, charon3dm9, pro-dcmap7, goldleaf, cpm4a, focal_p132, 13hell, 13excave
for the rest once the grand final is done I guess the week after (i.e. in two weeks) I'll try to organise the usual all-star/community game to celebrate the tournament and then I think that we can probably take that as base to try to build another undisputed/UnFreeZe fight from there be it a rematch against those diamond guys, the Moskva legends or whatever, I insist if it's that it happens (doesn't depend on me) so as usual those interested in any of that stay tuned and make sure to not miss the fun. for the format in light of the current turnout/activity I guess I'll just regular best of five for both things.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

breaking, ok guys the first leg of the grand final has been played and as projected from a statistical 51:49 match up it finished 2:2 with just a total +1 round advantage for ass in one of the best game display from both teams and probably one of the best finals disputed ever here. that means that with a absolute technical tie everything will be at play in the second leg the next where now almost every round will be decisive. very well played guys, legendary. as usual results, videos and more detailed results being produced as we speak so stay tuned.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, videos, stats, full results and everything up since this morning, obviously being a final rendered with the special tool in case someone wants to review those. as a small review/commentary about the first leg mention that as said, probably one of the greatest events around here ever, a total neck to neck fight that completely lived up, and still lives up, to the 51:49 statistical projection. one half for each with the deciding moments being the middle rounds, teddm1 and bal3dm3, that each other secured not with less dispute. ass managed to flip the opening ilm game, proq3tourney2, that was projected as disputed with a stellar ricky performance that pulled off a opening streak that probably end up being too much to overcome for ilm. teddm1, first ass pick, looked in the paper as a blunder at least to me as ilm was expected as the more experienced and better suited team of the two for me, I repeat, at least initially. however ultimately ass prevailed even turning around a ilm advantage lead by a mvp caliber performance by blaze in a game where ass finally showed great improvement as a team displaying their best thaw/support play so far and area where they had historically lacked and that in case of keeping it up now sets them as strong contender for any title dispute. with a 0:2 disadvantage for ilm the third game, bal3dm3, was key and quite frankly the feeling was that had not been because of a tremendous historical record setting performance by ironmonkey (tying/outperforming the likes of legends like ami and fau) ass would have probably took that too as they seemed to carry better momentum at that point with could have been potentially decisive for the overall final outcome. however that was not the case and ultimately ilm hold them their own and scored their first map of the final to then get to the last game with options to draw the first leg as it was finally the case. the last game of the first leg, storm3tourney1, was a total nose bleeding showdown, being a very offensive map it was definitively a slugfest to enjoy for the fans. for whatever the reason is this map ultimately felt like the strongest ilm map however despite trailing in the scores for the most part of it ass ultimately forced a last round 9:10 defeat that actually sets them +1 in games average above ilm a stat that despite being minor might be relevant given the virtual total parity between both teams (i.e. it's really 51:49 almost in any metric). as said, ggs, and looking forward setting up the second now deciding leg of this to crown a new UnFreeZe Srping 2024 champion team the next week so stay tuned.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw just a reminder for ass here, do not forget to let me know when you can play the second leg of the final along with your picks for this (three from the remaining pool) in a "reasonable amount of time" (meaning within today/tomorrow the latest) otherwise I assume the current Thursday date will stick and I'll have to make those picks myself on your behalf. ilm has already confirmed the next Thursday. don't forget about that.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as a public update on this for those interested following this just reporting that unfortunaly today ass finally communicated that they can not play any day of this week so that's not they way it's supposed to be but I assume there's no other option beside delay the second leg of the grand final one week so now just waiting to hear again from the teams in the following days (not in another week) what day of the next week they can play this starting from the suggested/default Thursday 9 of May of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) date.